Top Care Tips for Betty B. Necklaces
Classic, cute & easy to wear every day, that’s why our sterling chains & braided cord necklaces with silver clasps are a go-to favorite.
Here’s a few easy peasy tips on how to care for your most loved necklaces:
- Remove sterling chains & clasped cords when:
- Using chemicals, especially hydrogen peroxide or bleach
- Dipping into a chlorinated pool or hot tub
- Applying makeup & body products
- Exercising to keep them away from perspiration & potential acidity
Neglecting to do so could expose your Betty necklaces to situations that could end up in a bummer like…
- Tangled, snagged & broken chains/cords. This can be obviously annoying. But more than that, a bad tangle can damage or break both your necklace, and your hair! This can especially happen when you sleep or exercise in more than one necklace to get that sweet layered look. But it isn’t so sweet when you wake up, or finish a workout with a gnarly knot of chain, cord & hair.
- Quickly tarnished chain or clasp. This is nothing more than a minor nuisance, but instead of wrecking them from damaging wear– simply store your necklaces hanging in a dedicated jewelry box or any safe place away from open air and moisture to keep them bright & shiny.
Not sleeping in your necklaces, but still getting snags? This can happen to some of us depending on chain size & thickness and texture of hair…