Top Care Tips for Betty B. Necklaces
Classic, cute & easy to wear every day, that’s why our sterling chains & braided cord necklaces with silver clasps are a go-to favorite.
Here’s a few easy peasy tips on how to care for your most loved necklaces:
- We recommend removing sterling chains & clasped cords when:
- Deep cleaning, doing outdoor or yard work
- Applying makeup & body products
- Exercising, to keep them away from perspiration & potential acidity from bodily detox
- Avoid wearing any jewelry at any time when:
- Using chemicals, especially hydrogen peroxide or bleach
- Dipping into a chlorinated pool or hot tub
- Jewelry will instantly tarnish in either situation
Not doing so could expose your Betty necklaces to situations that could end up in a bummer like…
- Tangled, snagged & broken chains/cords. This can be obviously annoying. But more than that, a bad tangle can damage or break both your necklace, and your hair! This can especially happen when you sleep or exercise in more than one necklace to get that sweet layered look. But it isn’t so sweet when you wake up, or finish a workout with a gnarly knot of chain, cord & hair.
- Tarnished chain & clasp from constant wear. Tarnish happens. It happens even more quickly when you wear chain necklaces non-stop. This is especially important to know for you super active Bettys. You’ll over expose your jewelry to chemicals in body products, perfumes, sweat & other unfriendly elements that’ll cause discoloration if you don’t take off & lovingly store your jewelry regularly. Instead of wrecking them from this kind of damaging wear & tear– simply keep your necklaces hanging in a dedicated jewelry box or any safe place away from open air & moisture to keep them bright & shiny when you’re not out & about.
Not sleeping in your necklaces, but still getting snags? This can happen to some of us depending on chain size & thickness and texture of hair…